Acute care rehabilitation offers clear advantages for many patients seeking rehabilitation after illness or injury compared to care in nursing homes and assisted living centers. Patient outcomes can be greatly improved in the acute-care setting,
At Fairmont Hospital’s Acute Care Rehabilitation patients will find a range of services not available at nursing homes or assisted living centers, such as advanced therapies, evidence-based techniques and leading-edge technologies as part of a diagnosis-specific program in a dedicated rehabilitation setting.
The list of unique acute-care services at Fairmont includes:
- Care provided by an interdisciplinary team of rehabilitation professionals under the direction of a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation or neurology.
- A medical staff available around the clock to manage complex medical needs and monitor your progress.
- Specialized rehabilitation nurses to manage daily care.
- Experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists who have tailored a comprehensive treatment plan to patients’ specific needs and provide therapy for a minimum of three hours a day, five or six days a week.
- Psychology and neuropsychology services available to help patients cope with the many challenges patients may face.
- A rehabilitation team available to meet regularly with family to discuss goals, progress and discharge plans.
- Patient and family education programs, training and support groups available, as well as recreation and community reintegration activities.
- A continuum of inpatient through outpatient services, including access to community resources.
- State-of-the-art equipment, comfortable patient rooms, and other amenities in a dynamic rehabilitation environment.
- Clear measurement of patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Hospital accreditation by independent, nationally recognized organizations, such as The Joint Commission.
As a leader in inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, our expert team of physicians, nurses, therapists and hospital support staff is committed to providing safe, quality and cost-effective care to all patients.